Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Revenge and perseverance

Part 1: The lesson

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good" Romans 12:21

"Dear Lord, please help me not to harbor resentment and bitterness in my heart. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, enable me to let go of my bitterness and forgive those who have hurt me.

Revenge imprisons us; forgiveness sets us free"

I have seen first hand how awful bitterness and resentment can be...and not for the person who committed the trespass but for the person that can not forgive. Isn't it interesting that we can be so angry and have so many emotions towards someone and they can have no clue? It is such a huge amount of effort for no purpose at all. And what about for those people who it does effect our relationship with? When I am unable to let go of things in my marriage they build up until they blow up...and that is exhausting. So, I pray the prayer above.

Part 2: Genuine love

Genuine love is a master of reconciliation. If a couple decides they are in it no matter what, that divorce or separation is not an option then what choice do they have but to work things out? If genuine love exists it desires for the other to have complete fulfillment in the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment